Monday, January 25, 2010

STAAAAAAAR TREEEEEEEEK

At this point it is no secret that Hollywood is just about fresh out of ideas. I heard rumblings of a Rambo 14 and Alien 36 to be releasing next year in addition to six years of super hero movies from comic book titles even I haven’t heard of. Hollywood did have some gems however, The Hang Over was the funniest movie of the past years not named Old School. Transformers 2 had everyone in the theater despite bad reviews and District 9 managed to breathe some new life into an age old alien plot line. Let’s face it though, as far as movies go it was all about pointed ears and the man named Kirk. When I was a kid we used to make fun of people for liking Star Trek, I would be shooting hoops on the blacktop, talking about the latest episode of Fresh Prince and keeping my LA Gears clean, and I would see a group of kids playing and giving each other the Vulcan Death Grip, My friends and I would spend the rest of our recess talking trash and pretending to push our imaginary nerd glasses up on our noses...anyway! back to my point. At some point this summer all of that fell to the wayside as the remake had audiences across the country throwing up live long and prosper signs like N.E.R.D. was in town. If you missed the film, than you surely missed a block buster. I have three words for G.I. Joe. Massive let down.

No comments:

Post a Comment